what phones are able to use the new capitec bank app?
- Only Android phones running version 5.0 and higher.
- Only Apple phones running version iOS 9.0 and higher.
- Huawei phones running Huawei Mobile Services and EMUI 10
Check your phone’s operating system version in your phone’s Settings
Note: Tablet devices are not supported at this stage.
will i lose any functionality in moving from the old to the new app?
No, all the functionality that you could do on the old app is available in the new app.
what new functionality is available in the new app?
You’ll now be able to:
- Change and arrange your Favourites – Set up shortcuts on your main screen so you have one-tap access to the transactions you use the most.
- Track your spend – Get a quick overview of how you’re spending your money.
- Biometric login – Sign in and authenticate payments with just your fingerprint.
- Tap to pay – Simply tap your card on any contactless enabled device to pay for smaller purchases without entering your PIN.
will i lose beneficiaries when switching over to the new app?
No. You will be able to see all of the beneficiaries you created on the old app and Internet banking.
will i lose any of my transaction history when switching over to the new app?
- You will be able to see all your transactions from the old app and Internet banking
why should i verify my email address?
We may use this email address as an additional means of security to identify you when you activate the new app which then means you won’t need to visit a branch to activate it.